I love anything I can put in my Crock-Pot. It cooks all day and by dinnertime, my meal is ready. It’s especially great to come home to a Crock-Pot meal after a long day work, especially when its cold out. This slow cooker creole chicken and sausage recipe is perfect for those who want a warm, hearty meal, but without the calories.
The original slow cooker creole chicken and sausage recipe can be found at Pinch of Yum. Below are my modifications to make it Arbonne-friendly.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces Italian chicken sausage
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
*To make it Arbonne-friendly, I used all organic products.
- Place everything except the black beans, peppers, and almond butter in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking, add the black beans, green peppers, and almond butter. I know almond butter sounds odd, but trust me, it’s delicious in this recipe!
I served mine over rice, with a side of rice tortilla chips. A couple of nights, I even topped it with guacamole – highly recommended! A serving size is a cup, and one recipe serves six. At least, I’ve had enough to eat it for six meals!
Check out the original recipe on Pinch of Yum for a few more extras you can add, too! I bet the addition of brown sugar makes it even better.