Last month, I joined the bandwagon of sharing monthly goals and recaps of my progress. Before we jump into my October goals, let’s look at how September’s goals fared:
- Finish the first Game of Thrones book – Sadly, no. I’ve been reading a chapter or two every night, but that book is just.so.long. So good. So long. I want nothing more than to sit around reading about Jon Snow and Winterfell, but apprarently I need to be an adult and go to work and “stuff.”
- Complete 5 of the 7 training modules left for my personal training certification – Sort of. ACE rescheduled my exam for a few weeks later due to conflicts on their end, which means I now have more time to study. I reconfigured my study schedule based on the new timeline, so I knocked out 3 modules, right on schedule with my new timeline.
- Take 4 barre classes a week – Done. That was easy. It’s probably cheating a little to even make that a goal. It’s my favorite palce to be, always.
- Don’t miss a lifting session – Done. See above.
- Try 3 new recipes – Done. I’ll be sharing two of them in the next couple of weeks, but I’m counting Kodiak Cakes as my third. I don’t know where this pancake mix has been all my life, but it makes hitting protein macros a lot easier.
- Choose my next trip destination – Done. See you in December, Italy. Eight days in Venice, Florence, and Rome right before Christmas. I’m calling this the “carb loading before the holidays” trip. My friend Liz is calling it the “Gelato Tour.” We’re going to eat our way through Italy.
- Blog 15 times – Not accomplished, but considering I got a lot more blogs completed than I have in a while, I’m happy.
- Start a bullet journal – Done. I’m still getting the hang of it, but I’ll write a post on it sometime this month!
- Read two books. I want to finish Game of Thrones and knock out another book as well. My plan is to read GOT, pick up a non-GOT book, then start the second GOT. This is on the assumption that I can wait that long to find out what happens next in GOT.
- Complete all training modules for my personal training certification – then its just studying and taking practice tests until exam day.
- Make a plan. – This is vague. That’s on purpose. I have a lot of ideas and I need to figure out how they all work together, if they work together. I need to make a plan.
- Take 4 barre classes a week/Don’t miss a lifting session – I know I’m cheating here, but it’s fun to see it in black and white.
- Blog 15 times – That’s half of October. Totally doable.
- Hit my protein macro every day – Who knew it was so hard to eat enough protein? This is where Halo Top ice cream comes in. They’re releasing 10 new flavors this month. Obviously I need to try all 10 for quality purposes. Maybe I’ll top my Kodiak Cakes with ice cream… #Protein
- Grow my tabata class – I started teaching a tabata/core class on Mondays; My first class was yesterday and we had four people, two being my brother and sister. I’d like to see 10 people in it by the end of the month.
- Journal more – I got away from journaling before bed a bit last month; I’m getting back into it – it’s so good for one’s mental health
- Hang my gallery wall – My roommate moved to Charlotte and now that the transition is complete with my new roommate in place, there is a lot of blank space on the walls; I’ve got the pieces for a gallery wall, but they aren’t doing much good sitting in a pile in my bedroom floor. This month, they go on the wall.
What are your October goals?