Can someone please tell me where the month of August went? Because I’m pretty sure August 1st was yesterday, wasn’t it? It can’t possibly be over and done with…
Yet it is, and here we are, looking back on my August goals and setting September goals. I’ll be honest – it wasn’t my most successful month.
- Pass my Pure Barre Test Out Video – DONE! I got the *official* go ahead today, September 1st, but we’re going to count it!
- Adjust to a new schedule – In progress. I started a new job at the beginning of the month and had just gotten into the swing of working in an office again (which I missed more than I thought I would) when we returned to a work from home scenario. School started on Monday, so there’s an added layer to the new schedule. So far, so good.
- Write and submit a query letter to an agent – I didn’t do this, but I have a good reason! A friend of mine sent me a tweet by an agent looking for the exact manuscript I have written. It wasn’t the manuscript I planned to query, but it is a very specific story and one in a million odds that she asked for exactly this, so I dropped everything and have focused my attention on that story. I will revise and query her in the next couple of months.
- Read two books – With the new schedule, I only read one book this month – Matthew McConaughey’s Greenlights. I absolutely cannot recommend this book enough. Please, please read it. PLEASE.
- Try something new in Los Angeles – Check! I had my first outing to the Hermosa Beach Pier Avenue bars, joined a new gym, went to San Pedro, and tried a new sushi place in Manhattan Beach.
- Stick to my content calendar – Done! I’m really proud of this one. I made a content plan for August and stuck to it.
- Publish an original work to Wattpad – Didn’t do this, but see above’s query letter bullet point to know why!
- Make progress with the pups getting along – Sort of? We’re a one step forward, five steps back kind of family. Knox shows signs of being pals with Griff one day, turns on him the next. We’re getting there though, slowly but surely.
Now, what’s on the docket for September goals?
Personally, I love September. September is not only the start of football season, it also feels like a blank slate. I don’t know if its the start of the school year or the change of season, but something about September 1 always feels like a fresh start.
I love a good fresh start.
- Settle into the new school year.
- Work from a coffee shop.
- Read two books.
- Try something new in Los Angeles.
- Exercise four times a week.
- Stick to a content calendar + add social media to it
- Revise my manuscript for query
I’m trying to manage my expectations for September goals. I like to go ALL IN, and I’m working on a few BIG projects, not including my school projects. There’s the manuscript, something I’m SO EXCITED about for coaching… Lots going on, but only 24 hours in a day. I have to be realistic with what I can get done in a day, week, month.
Now that you have my goals… What are your September goals? Let me hear them in the comments!