Better late than never on my monthly accountability post, no? July goals, coming in hot.
If you’ll recall, I started posting my monthly goals last month for accountability. One could argue I’m already a slacker as here it is, mid-July and I’m only just reflecting on last month’s goals and sharing July goals. But in my defense, I wrote these down in my journal at the beginning of the month so I’m technically on schedule.
Let me believe that about myself, okay?
First, let’s take a look at how my June goals fared.
- Post two blog posts per week – Giving myself half credit here. I published at least one post a week, and that’s more than I have published consistently in several months. Let’s call this a win.
- Post something to Instagram each day – Another half credit. I posted to my stories every day, although not always my face on video, and to my timeline about half the time. I had good intentions, but it just didn’t happen and that’s okay.
- Read two books – Check! I actually read three: The Road Back to You, Atomic Habits, and The One. I recommend all of them. Atomic Habits should be required reading.
- Have (super top secret project!!!) 80% complete – Eh, maybe 40% there. In hindsight, this was an aggressive goal. I’ll keep churning away on it and still hit the personal deadline I have for launching it.
- Finish revisions of a pilot script – Check! I made a full pass through one of my pilots and honestly wondered what I was thinking when I wrote that draft. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good. I made a number of corrections and script notes and will make another pass at it soon to structure the story better.
- Complete 1,000 words of summer (write 1,000 words each day for two weeks, 5/31-6/13) – CRUSHED THIS. I wrote 33,795 words and revised 28,826 words. I was oh so pleased with this outcome. I’m going to be sharing some of those revised words soon. 😉
- Try something new in Los Angeles – Always. I went to a Quilt picnic in Griffith Park and it was lovely to meet new people. I explored Manhattan Beach on foot one Saturday evening as well. I’m going to start sharing a lot more about life in Los Angeles in the coming weeks.
Now, onto July’s goals!
- Pure Barre training and practice for my August test out video
- Publish two blog posts a week
- Sub goal: Put together a content calendar
- Have Super Secret Project at 80% completion
- Hang things on my walls (I’ve lived here almost seven months… It’s time…)
- Organize my kitchen cabinets and bathroom drawers
- Read two books
- Try something new in Los Angeles
- Publish an original work to Wattpad
- More pilot revisions
July is ambitious, but a lot is happening behind the scenes of this blog and a lot is happening in life, too. August is going to be especially wild… (insert winking emoji here).
And so there we have it, July’s goals and a look back at how successful June was. All and all, not a bad month, June.
Now I’m going to take a deep breath.
Because seriously – things are about to get WILD around here.
Hold on tight.